When having a spray tan, we at Luminosa recommend taking certain steps to prepare your skin prior, and certain steps to maintain your skin afterwards to help prolong the life of your tan.
- Any shaving or waxing is to be done 24hrs prior to your spray tan.
- Exfoliation is to be done the day before, avoiding bar soaps and moisturizing scrubs that leave a residue on the skin. We also have exfoliating mitts available for purchase to assist in removing any previous spray tan.
- It is best to be freshly showered prior to your appointment and ensure there is no deodorant, lotion or perfumed products on the skin.
- Please wear whatever you are comfortable in, some clients choose to be totally nude and others leave as much on as 3/4 leggings and a singlet (please take into consideration the more clothes you leave on the more tan lines you will be left with)
- Bring dark, loose-fitting clothing and flip flops to pop on after. Tight or restrictive clothing will damage your developing tan.
- Be assured we are professionals and will make every effort to accommodate your needs and make you as comfortable as possible whatever you choose to wear.
- We recommend using a sulfate & paraben free body wash and tan extender moisturizer to help prolong the life of your tan. Both are available to purchase in salon.
- The active ingredient in your tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hrs after spraying and usually lasts 5-10 days depending on hydration and individual body chemistry.
- Rinse off your tan with warm water only for the first shower, gently brushing over the body to ensure the bronze is removed evenly. Pat dry your body with a towel after each shower.
- Do not moisturize for first 12 hrs to allow the tan to continue to develop to its full depth.
- Avoid chlorine, massages, excessive exercise or saunas for the duration of your tan.
As this year is slightly different, we ask that no extra guests are to be in the salon (due to COVID restrictions).
If you have any further questions please message the salon on 0400 422 125