When having a spray tan, we at Luminosa recommend taking certain steps to prepare your skin prior, and certain steps to maintain your skin afterwards to help prolong the life of your tan.
- Any shaving or waxing is to be done 24hrs prior to your spray tan.
- Exfoliation is to be done the day before, avoiding bar soaps and moisturizing scrubs that leave a residue on the skin. We also have exfoliating mitts available for purchase to assist in removing any previous spray tan.
- It is best to be freshly showered prior to your appointment and ensure there is no deodorant, lotion or perfumed products on the skin.
- Please wear whatever you are comfortable in, some clients choose to be totally nude and others leave as much on as 3/4 leggings and a singlet (please take into consideration the more clothes you leave on the more tan lines you will be left with)
- Bring dark, loose-fitting clothing and flip flops to pop on after. Tight or restrictive clothing will damage your developing tan.
- Be assured we are professionals and will make every effort to accommodate your needs and make you as comfortable as possible whatever you choose to wear.
- We recommend using a sulfate & paraben free body wash and tan extender moisturizer to help prolong the life of your tan. Both are available to purchase in salon.
- The active ingredient in your tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hrs after spraying and usually lasts 5-10 days depending on hydration and individual body chemistry.
- Rinse off your tan with warm water only for the first shower, gently brushing over the body to ensure the bronze is removed evenly. Pat dry your body with a towel after each shower.
- Do not moisturize for first 12 hrs to allow the tan to continue to develop to its full depth.
- Avoid chlorine, massages, excessive exercise or saunas for the duration of your tan.
- If you are pregnant please consult your physician prior to your appointment.
If you have any further questions please message the salon on 0400 422 125